Tuesday, August 19, 2014

New story in Defenestration!

I have a new story out today with the unlikely title of "Earnest, the Chicken-Headed Penis Boy", in Defenestration Magazine, edited by the incomparable Andrew Kaye and Eileen Lavelle. Unlike "Navel Gazing", this one is NOT inspired by my boyfriend :)

It did, however, originate from a conversation about masturbation (as so many story ideas do!) that I had while on vacation in New Orleans with my boyfriend. And then, as so many of my stories do, it turned into a story about me and my chicken-headed penis. Much like Earnest, I am often a victim practitioner of magical thinking, and my ability to believe the best in people despite all evidence to the contrary sometimes gets me into trouble. But sometimes it makes the world a more beautiful place! (See? That's magical thinking at its best right there!)

Anyway, please go and read it, and while you're at it, read the whole damn magazine. Then spend a couple of hours getting lost in the archives, which is what I did a few weeks ago. It's good stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment